This week of August 4th 2014 will see the first Category 1 Strings come available, some terms and conditions apply, however it remains to be seen what will happen when/if complaints are made to the Registries. Any domain name (string) that you register within Category 1 domains, may be subject to cancellation by the Registry if you are in contravention of the terms. Since documents are subject to revision it is always best to refer directly to the ICANN pdf for the definitive rules.
You represent and warrant that:
(a) your application and registration for a domain name contains true, accurate and up-to-date information, and is made in good faith, for a lawful purpose and does not infringe the rights of any third party; and
(b) you accept and will abide by the Registry Policies.
Necessary Authorizations. You represent that you possesses any necessary authorizations, charters, licenses and/or other related credentials for participation in the sector associated with your domain name registration.
The names are divided into following groups;-
Regulated Sectors/Open Entry Requirements in Multiple Jurisdictions (Category 1 Safeguards are applicable)
- ..essentially a provision in Registry-Registrar Agreements that requires Registrars to include in their Registration Agreements a provision requiring registrants to comply with all applicable laws
.care, .gives, .giving
.kid, .kids, .kinder, .game, .games, .juegos, .play, .school, .schule, toys
.earth, .eco, .green, .bio, .organic
capital, . cash, .cashbackbonus, .broker, .brokers, .claims, .exchange, .finance, .financial, .forex, .fund, .investments, .lease, .loan, .loans, .market, . markets, .money, .pay, .payu, .retirement, .save, .trading, .credit, .insure, .netbank, .tax, .travelersinsurance, .financialaid, .vermogensberatung, .mortgage, .reit
Generic Geographic Terms:
.capital .town, .city
Health and Fitness:
.care, .diet, .fit, .fitness, .health, .heart, .hiv, .rehab, .clinic, .healthy (IDN Chinese equivalent), .dental, .physio, .healthcare, .med, .organic
.audio, .book (and IDN equivalent), .broadway, .film, .game, .games, .juegos, .movie, .music, .software, .song, .tunes, .fashion (and IDN equivalent), .video, .app, .art, .author, .band, .beats, .cloud (and IDN equivalent), .data, .design, .digital, .download, .entertainment, .fan, .fans, .free, .gratis, .discount, .sale, .hiphop, .media, .news, .online, .pictures, .radio, .rip, .show, .theater, .theatre, .tour, .tours, .tvs, .video, .zip
.accountant, .accountants, .architect, .associates, .broker, .brokers, .engineer, .legal, .realtor, .realty, .vet, .engineering, .law
.reise, .reisen .weather
Highly-regulated Sectors/Closed Entry Requirements in Multiple Jurisdictions (Category 1 Safeguards are applicable)
a lot more safeguards summarised as follows;-
- ..a clear pathway for the creation of a working relationship with the relevant regulatory or industry self-regulatory bodies
- administrative contact information, which must be kept up-to-date, for the notification of complaints or reports of registration abuse
- a representation that the Registrant possesses any necessary authorisations, charters, licenses and/or other related credentials for participation in the sector associated with the Registry TLD string.
- Registry Operator receiving a complaint expressing doubt with regard to the authenticity of licenses or credentials, Registry Operators should consult with relevant national supervisory authorities
- Registrants to report any material changes to the validity of the Registrants’ authorisations, charters, licenses and/or other related credentials for participation in the sector
.charity (and IDN Chinese equivalent)
.corp, .gmbh, .inc, .llc, .llp, .ltda, .ltd, .sarl, .srl, .sal
.bank, .banque, .creditunion, .creditcard, .insurance, .ira, .lifeinsurance, .mutualfunds, .mutuelle, .vermogensberater, and .vesicherung, .autoinsurance, .carinsurance
.bet, .bingo, .lotto, .poker,.spreadbetting, .casino
Health and Fitness:
.pharmacy, .surgery, .dentist , .dds, .hospital, .medical, .doctor
.abogado, .attorney, .cpa, .dentist, .dds, .lawyer, .doctor
Special Safeguards Required
.. essentially all of the above plus these 2 special conditions
- ..Registry Operator will develop and publish registration policies to minimize the risk of cyber bullying and/or harassment.
- ..Registrant will take reasonable steps to avoid misrepresenting or falsely implying that the Registrant or its business is affiliated with, sponsored or endorsed by one or more country’s or government’s military forces if such affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement does not exist.
Potential for Cyber Bullying/Harassment (Category 1 Safeguards are applicable): .fail, .gripe, .sucks, .wtf
Inherently Governmental Functions (Category 1 Safeguards are applicable): .army, .navy, .airforce